Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Idiots that work for Dr. Clark

Dr. Clark is my ob doctor. I really like him, and he's a very helpful and nice doctor, but the retards that work in his office really piss me off! Ok, so, I had an appointment last thursday, but the doctor had to go out of town, so they had to cancel all their appointments for that day which would have been fine, except that they failed to inform me of said cancellation and I got all ready, I got a ride and I went. And I'm usually pretty excited for my doctor's appointments, I like to know that the baby is fine, and I am fine, and I can get help for any problems I have (ie. wicked bad heartburn) So I was pretty dissapointed, but they rescheduled me for "Tuesday". Because I'm suppose to see him every 4 weeks, I assumed they meant this tuesday, plus I don't remember them saying anything about it not being this tuesday. So I get up, I get ready, get my ride and I go, and when I get there, they say, "You're appointment was for Tuesday the 17th" And being incredibly hormonal they can see that I'm upset, so they say they can see me, but it will be a while. I looked at my little reminder sheet, and sure enough, it did say the 17th. But I never thought to look at it. I know that a week might not be a big deal, but in my mind frame right now it is a big deal! I'm seven months pregnant, and I'm still waiting for drivers license issues to clear, so every time I have to have any appointment, it's a big deal because I have to plan everything very clearly, make sure I have a ride, make sure that ride is dependable, up, ready, etc. (my ride is usually my sister in law Lei, since my husband is just a little too busy.... oooh! he makes me so mad, but that's another day's issue). So I waited for quite a while (honestly not too much longer than I usually wait there, so that was a pleasant surprise) and of course I can't stop crying in the waiting room, cause that's what I do when I'm mad, I cry, which makes me even madder, so I cry more! I was so frustrated. I know it's my fault I didn't look at the date, but still, they made me feel like it was ALL my fault, like I was disrupting the whole office. I know it was at 11:30 and they were probably anxious for lunch, but did they ever stop to think that it was really inconvenient for me too? I wasn't trying to impose on anyone at all, I just wanted to hear my baby and ask my questions. Well, I finally got to see the doctor, and him and the M.A. were way nice to me and didn't act like I was taking too much of their precious time, which I really appreciated. Everything is fine. My blood pressure is normal, which my mom has been worried about for no reason, I got a prescription for the heartburn, and the baby is fine, has a good heart rate, and I'm the right size and everything. So I feel pretty good about that, the only thing I have to worry about now is finding money for my prescriptions and prenatal vitamins, (I'm assuming medicaid wont cover the prescriptions, they are jerks too) and getting a ride to a pharmacy to get them. I got home two hours later, my mother in law had to come get me, even though it's her busiest time at work right now. I am so mad at Kualii right now, I can't even express it! Oh well, I'll have to be angry at him from a distance, he is working right now. I had to vent about him a little. I'd like to much, much more, but I might hulk out and destroy several of my in laws major appliances, I don't know how much they'd like that. If it comes to that I'm starting with the dryer, I hate that stupid thing! Ok, thanks for reading my whining, if anyone actually reads all of this.

3 comments:

Krista Eger said...

Ugh that pisses me off too! I can't believe they didn't call you to tell you that they had to cancel. One time they called all of their patients to cancel because he was feeling sick, but they kept some of them and mine was one...I think it might have been the OB ones, he really puts them on a high priority. One thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE about him is that he really cares about all of his patients! I have a hard time up here cause all of them that I've met are "too busy" to care it seems :( It makes me want to drive down there next time I have a baby! haha! I don't mind waiting in the waiting room for doctors because that means they take time with all of their patients to really listen to their concerns. Its like waiting for a roller coaster. I like to wait longer because that means that the ride is long (in some cases!) haha! It makes me really really sad that you have to go by yourself! Next time you have an appointment tell me in case we will be down there and I will gladly go with you! I don't have to go in or anything, I can just wait with you. I don't know, I just think they're important. I made Phil go even though half the time he didn't want to (mostly because he worked nights and was sleeping when I would be scheduled haha).

Thomas Family said...

I'm so sorry, that is so frustrating and retarded, you had every reason to be frustrated! you should just move up here and go to my office :) my doctor died and my appointment still didn't get canceled, another doctor just took it over. by the way, we really need to see each other soon, are you planning on coming up anytime in the next 4 1/2 weeks?

Cynda Min said...

I really like my doctor, just not his idiotic staff. And Kualii's not as bad as I make him seem in this post, this is the first appointment he missed, we usually have them on fridays cause Kualii doesn't have class on fridays, but we couldn't this time because the staff was busy being retarded. I was just ticked because he wouldn't pick me up!! He said he would be able to then he couldn't, then the only person who was as busy as him or busier dropped everything just to get me. Kualii grovelled all night and I forgave him, and have been finding new things to be mad at him about ever since. I made the next appointment for a Friday and he will be there. THE END
ps. Annie, your doctor died? whoa! that's crazy! Do you like the new one?