Thursday, February 19, 2009

Needing hugs

So, today I found out that one of the kids in Zack (my brother)'s class was killed in a car accident. I didn't really know the kid, but Zack is really upset. He called me crying and just wanted to tell me how much he loves me. I hate when he is sad. I always have. He has basically been my best friend since he was born, we were always very protective of eachother. We kind of drifted apart like a lot of siblings do when we were teenagers and I was dating retards and he was being popular. I always regretted not staying closer to him during those years, maybe some of our mistakes could have been avoided, but whatever. Then after he graduated he started dating this really dumb girl with lots of baggage. It was one of those relationships where they kind of brought out the worst in eachother, well, not kind of, they really did. I didn't like how she treated him. We could all see it needed to end, but he felt like he had to stay with her because he was the only one she had (and oh, how she played that up! What a frickin martyr. I can't believe he dated mini grandma mickey). And then one day, he finally woke up, and dumped her! It was awesome, it was hard on him, but he knew it was the right thing to do. Then he realized he wanted to move on with his life and leave Gunnison, so he moved to cedar, He still has some things to do before he can start school, and he's looking for a job, but I have been so proud of him. He comes to see me a lot. I got to make him a birthday dinner, he turned 20 on tuesday. Anyway, it just feels like I have my Zack back. I know he'll be ok, I feel like he's growing up so much. He just really means alot to me, and I hope that he knows "the plan" and if he doesn't, maybe this will help him figure it out.

2 comments:

Krista Eger said...

Consider yourself hugged!

Cynda Min said...

Thanks:) I needed that.