Saturday, March 26, 2011

What a Mighty Good Man!

I had to post this while the good feelings are still here, I'm very easily annoyed, so chances are that I'll be ticked off at Kualii again soon, but I just want to say how awesome he is! He was so nice to me yesterday for my birthday. He's not mean to me any other day, but he made me feel so special and loved! He brought me flowers and a balloon and a card, and took me to my haircut, and took me to dinner. It really meant a lot to me since I have been feeling like crap about myself. I feel so much better today, and my hair feels so nice and short! Kualii is just a really good husband and daddy, and I know he loves me and my boys :0) I love him soooooooooo much!
Also, Kuokoa is exactly 2 months today! I can't believe it's been so long! He's such a cute, big boy! He is now 12 lbs 14 oz and 23 inches. He's doing really well, his belly button has a hernia, but the doctor says it's pretty normal and there's not anything to do for it. He's handled his immunizations like a champ, and had such a good night last night! He ate at like 11:30 then slept till 3:00, and I'm pretty sure he could have taken a binky and went back to sleep, but i fed him anyway and he slept till like 8:00 this morning! Holy cow! Kj, on the other hand was a nightmare. When it's Kualii's day off, if Kj wakes up at all in the night, Kualii will let him out of his room to watch tv untill he falls back to sleep, and Kualii will just sleep on the couch, so I think Kj knows when this will happen and takes advantage, what kid wouldn't? last night Kualii decided enough was enough, and made him stay in his room, which I wish he would have done from the start! But Kj threw the biggest fit. Kualii went in to try and calm him down a few times, and I even went in once, but he just had to cry it out. It felt like forever, but he finally went to sleep. I know he needs this boundary in his life. Bedtime is bedtime. He fell asleep for his nap at like 11:30 this morning so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.... Anyway, there's a lovely update on my manly men. I'm so glad I have them in my life!

2 comments:

Krista Eger said...

That kind of crying it out is different than babies crying it out. He was obviously crying because he WANTED to be playing not because he needed to be out of his room. So don't feel guilty. It's not like he's a baby and needs to develop that initial trust. It was a want not a need. You guys are awesome parents.

Cynda Min said...

I know, I can tell when he's crying cause he's in pain or scared, that was just crying because he's spoiled!!! Sometimes he gets scared at night though and I take pity on him.